Click here to see which products/categories this applies to.
TomTom devices use the standard drivers for USB mass storage devices which are preinstalled in Windows Vista. If your computer is not able to automatically pinpoint the correct driver for the connected device, follow the instructions below.
To manually select the correct device driver:
- Disconnect your TomTom device from your computer.
- On your computer go to Start, and then type “Device Manager” into the search bar. Press Enter.
- After the Device Manager window has opened, connect your TomTom device to your computer again.
A new device appears under Other Devices called Unknown Device.
- Right-click on Unknown Device and then select Update Driver Software…
- Select Browse my computer for driver software.
- Select Browse and then specify C:\Windows\System32 as the location of the driver.
Your computer will then start searching for the correct driver in this folder.