Click here to see which products/categories this applies to.
There are three types of official TomTom navigation voices:
- Standard voices that come pre-installed on every TomTom device.
They are recorded voices and give you spoken instructions for your
- Computer voices that use text-to-speech technology to read street
names, incoming text messages, weather information, etc. Not all devices support
- Premium voices that have been recorded by celebrities and are available for purchase.
Order a voice at no additional cost
Go to tomtom.com/voices, select the category Free and click Details, then click the shopping cart icon for the voice you wish to install on your navigation device.
Note: You will need to go through the checkout and follow the on-screen instructions to receive the voice, but the amount to pay will be zero.
Purchase a premium voice
Go to tomtom.com/voices. You can either refine your search by category, or click Details for the voice you would like to purchase from the main page. Once you've clicked Details you can click the shopping cart icon to proceed with purchasing the voice.
Note: a purchased voice can only be used on one device. For more information, see Using purchased maps and services on your navigation devices.
Download and install a voice
To add a voice to your navigation device, follow these steps:
- Connect your navigation device to your computer. Switch on your device.
- If MyDrive Connect doesn't open automatically, click the MyDrive Connect icon (or ) in the Windows notification area or Apple menu bar and then click MyDrive Connect.
- If you are not already logged in, enter your email address and click Log in. You can select "Remember my email address" so you don't have to enter it next time.
- Select the checkbox next to the voice you want to install and
then click Update selected.
MyDrive Connect downloads the selected items and installs them on your device.
- Once the installation has completed, disconnect your navigation device from the computer and switch it on.
- To select the new voice on your device, tap Settings > Voices > Change voice and then tap the voice you wish to use.