Click here to see which products/categories this applies to.
Important: Do not delete a map to install a newer version of the same region.
Deleting a map
- Updating a map to a newer version of the same region
To update your map to a newer version you do not need to delete the map on your device. TomTom HOME overwrites the existing map.
Note: If you delete a map before installing an updated version of the same region you may not have enough space on your device. Only when TomTom HOME overwrites the existing version, TomTom HOME filters which files for voice command and control to install on your device. Since these files are large you can run out of space when all languages are installled.
- Deleting a map to install a map of a different region
To install a map of a different region you can free up space on your device using Manage my device in HOME:
- Connect your navigation device to your computer. Switch on your device.
TomTom HOME starts.
- Click Manage my device in TomTom HOME and select the Items on device tab.
- Expand Maps and then select the map you want to remove.
- Click Remove selected items
Click OK to delete the map.
- Click Continue to save a copy of the map on your computer and then delete the map from your device.
HOME saves a copy of the map on your computer and then deletes the map from your device.
Never delete a map without first making a backup of the map!
Your device will not function correctly without a map.