Click here to see which products/categories this applies to.
This FAQ contains information that may not be applicable to your device. More information.
Before you start
TomTom HOME offers one free update of the fixed speed camera locations when you connect your device for the first time. To receive further speed camera updates, you need to have a LIVE Services subscription or a speed camera subscription.
For help with the installation of TomTom HOME, see How do I install TomTom HOME on my computer?
Update the speed cameras
To update the fixed speed cameras on your navigation device
follow the steps below.
- Connect your navigation device to your computer and
switch it on.
TomTom HOME will start automatically. more
To start TomTom HOME manually,
do one of the following:
- In Windows 7 and Vista, click the Start
button and then click All Programs > TomTom > TomTom
- In Windows XP, click Start > All Programs > TomTom > TomTom
- In Mac OS X, click Go > Applications and then double-click TomTom HOME.
Note: If you're already logged into your TomTom account, the latest speed cameras are listed here. If so, continue with step 4.
- Log into your TomTom account.more
Log in by using
the same email address and password you used when you purchased the speed camera subscription.
Your navigation device needs to be linked to this TomTom account.
- If TomTom HOME doesn't check for updates automatically, click Update my device.
- Click Download updates. more
Tick the box next to the items you want to download and then click Download updates.
TomTom HOME will first download the selected items.
TomTom HOME will then install the selected items on your navigation device.
- Click Device > Disconnect
Device in the TomTom HOME menu.
You can then disconnect your navigation device from your computer.
- Enable your speed camera alerts
To enable speed camera alerts on your device tap Enable alerts in the TomTom speed cameras
menu. [ show
me how... ]