Click here to see which products/categories this applies to.
You can connect your iPhone or Android™ phone to your navigation device either with or without the MyDrive app. To take advantage of all three features listed below, we recommend that you connect using the MyDrive app. If you choose to connect without the app, you won't have access to the smartphone messages feature. You also won't have access to TomTom Services unless your mobile service provider allows Personal Hotspot/Bluetooth® Tethering.
Connect your phone to your navigation device to use these features:
Click Android™ app or iPhone app for specific steps to connect using the MyDrive app. Click Without app for connecting your phone without using the MyDrive app.
- Android™ app
- iPhone app
- Without app
Bluetooth® troubleshooting tips
- If connecting an Android™ phone for all three features; data, hands-free calls and smartphone messages, do not pair your navigation device from within your phone's Bluetooth® settings. Use the MyDrive app instead.
- If you are unable to set up a Bluetooth® Low Energy connection with your device during the set-up on your iPhone, you can try again later by opening the app menu and tap Connect Your Device.
- If the phone and device do not connect, unpair/forget your navigation device in the Bluetooth® settings on your phone and delete your phone from the Bluetooth® setting on your navigation device. Then repeat the set-up steps.
- If you connect to your phone without the app, but then decide to connect with the app, you will need to unpair/forget your navigation device in the Bluetooth® settings on your phone and delete your phone from the Bluetooth® setting on your navigation device. Then repeat the set-up steps.
- For easy reconnection, make sure Bluetooth® is switched on and your phone is in range of your TomTom device.
- In case you want to see smartphone messages, make sure the MyDrive app is open and that you've finished the set-up.
- MyDrive app compatibility