Click here to see which products/categories this applies to.
If you cannot connect your watch to your Android device, make sure your Android device meets the following requirements:
- The app works with Android version 4.4 using Bluetooth® Low Energy 4.1 or higher. Click READ MORE in Google Play for a list of tested devices.
- Check our list of known issues.
- Use the latest version of Android for your device:
Settings > About > Phone or About Device > Android Version.
- Use the latest version of the Sports Connect desktop application for updating your watch. An outdated version may not offer the latest software for your watch.
- Use the latest version of the watch software: Connect your watch to the computer. Sports Connect then checks if newer software is available for your watch,
- Use the latest version of the TomTom Sports mobile app. If a newer version is available it is listed in the Google Play Store.
- Switch on Bluetooth® on your Android device: Settings > Connections > Bluetooth®.
- Use your Android device with only one Bluetooth® device at a time. When using additional devices like headsets, car kits, speakers or while transferring files, your Android device may fail to pair or sync with your watch.
- The Sports mobile app needs a reliable internet connection.
- Switch off Power Savings Mode on your Android device. This mode might disable Bluetooth®.
If you cannot connect your watch to the Sports app, fully un-pair it from your Android device, then pair it again following these steps:
- In the Bluetooth® Settings menu of your Android device, un-pair or forget your watch.
- Un-install and re-install the Sports mobile app from Play Store.
- Restart your Android device.
- Switch off Bluetooth® and switch it back on.
- Start the TomTom Sports mobile app on your Android device and make sure you're logged in to your TomTom account.
- Tap Get started at the top of the Latest tab.
- From the Clock screen on your watch, press DOWN to open the Settings screen, then select PHONE and press RIGHT. Select PAIR NEW.
The watch starts looking for the Sports app pairing request.
- On your Android device, Tap watch on the Activate your Device page.
Your Android device shows Searching.
- When the name of your watch appears in the list on the Searching screen, tap on it and accept the request to pair.
- In the Sports mobile app, enter the PIN code shown on your watch.
If you are still not able to connect your watch to your Android device, try the following:
- Factory reset your watch and make your Android device un-pair or forget your watch again. Resetting your GPS Sport Watch
- Sync your watch using Sports Connect on your computer. Your data always shows in both the Sports website and the Sports mobile app.