Click here to see which products/categories this applies to.
A soft reset is performed each time you disconnect your TomTom Touch from a wall charger or computer.
To perform a soft reset, follow these steps:
- Connect your fitness tracker to a wall charger or computer.
Wait until your fitness tracker shows a battery symbol.
If you are using a computer, wait until MySports Connect finishes updating your tracker.
- Disconnect your fitness tracker from the wall charger or computer.
The software on your fitness tracker restarts. You have now completed a soft reset on your fitness tracker.
When you perform a factory reset in MySports Connect, all personal data and settings on your fitness tracker are deleted. This action cannot be undone.
You should only use a factory reset as a last resort to restore your fitness tracker or if you really want to remove all your data and settings.
A factory reset reinstalls the software on your fitness tracker and this removes the following:
- Your activities.
- Your settings on the tracker and in MySports Connect.
Note: If you are using the MySports mobile app, you may need to make your smartphone forget your fitness tracker and then pair it again as follows:
In the Bluetooth® Settings menu of your Android device, un-pair or forget your fitness tracker.
Go to the iOS Bluetooth® settings screen, click on the (i) icon behind the fitness tracker name and select Forget this Device.
Important: When you perform a factory reset, do not disconnect your fitness tracker before MySports Connect has finished restoring it. This may take several minutes. Check any messages shown in MySports Connect before disconnecting.
To perform a factory reset, follow these steps:
- Connect your fitness tracker to your computer and wait until MySports Connect finishes updating it.
- Click on the cogwheel icon in MySports Connect to open the Settings menu.
- Click the Reset button.
- Keep your fitness tracker connected when the MySports Connect window closes.
MySports Connect installs the latest software on your fitness tracker.
- Keep your fitness tracker connected while the MySports Connect software opens.
- Follow the instructions in MySports Connect to set up your fitness tracker.