Click here to see which products/categories this applies to.
What type of warnings does the app give?
Our aim is to give warnings for all situations that can be dangerous, including any roadside cameras, which can result in a fine or other penalty, such as licence points.
The types of warnings can be divided into camera warnings and safety warnings.
Camera warning types are as follows:
- fixed speed camera: a static camera, which is activated based on driven speed
- red light camera: a static camera, which is activated based on traffic light colour, in some areas combined with speed
- average speed zone: two or more static cameras, which measure your driven speed over a stretch of road and is activated when the average speed at the last camera is over the limit
- traffic restriction cameras: a static camera, which is activated for a number of restrictions (no-right-turn cameras, bus-lane cameras, etc.)
- speed enforcement zone: multiple static cameras, spread over a stretch of road, which are activated based on driven speed (not average speed)
- mobile speed camera: a temporary camera (laser or radar, handheld or on a tripod), which is activated based on driven speed (confirmed camera)
- likely mobile camera: a mobile speed camera (not yet confirmed).
Safety warning types are as follows:
- speeding: a warning when you exceed the legal speed limit
- jam ahead: a warning when you are approaching a traffic jam moving at a slower speed than the traffic driving towards it
- danger zones (only when driving in France): a warning for a potentially dangerous stretch of road, including fixed speed cameras
- risk zones (only when driving in France): a warning for a temporary potentially dangerous stretch of road, including mobile speed camera (confirmed camera)
- likely risk zones (only when driving in France): a warning for a temporary potentially dangerous stretch of road, including mobile speed cameras (not yet confirmed)
You can switch each warning type on and off in the app, or restrict them to only warn you in certain situations. Go to the Settings menu and then select Warnings, then Camera warnings or Safety warnings to adjust the settings.
Note that if you switch a warning type off, this turns off both visual and audio alerts for this warning type.
How can I change the distance between the warning and the actual camera?
Go to the Settings menu and then select Warnings and Warning time to adjust how long before a camera appears on your route you want to be alerted.
Please note that warning time is also affected by your smartphone’s GPS performance. This means that the warnings may come later than expected if you're for instance driving through a tunnel.
How do I get warned when going over the speed limit?
Go to the Settings menu and then select Warnings, Safety Warnings and then Speeding. Here you can set whether you want an audible or a visual warning, or both.