Click here to see which products/categories this applies to.
If you have problems when synchronising destinations and places from the MyDrive mobile app or website to your TomTom navigation device, follow these steps.
On your connected navigation device:
- Make sure your navigation device is compatible with the MyDrive mobile app or website. The following connected devices are compatible:
GO 40, GO 50, GO 51, GO 60, GO 61, GO 400, GO 500, GO 600, Rider 400, Rider 40, GO 510, GO 610, GO 5000, GO 6000, GO 5100, GO 6100, Trucker 5000, Trucker 6000, GO 520 Wi-Fi, GO 620 Wi-Fi, GO 5200 Wi-Fi, GO 6200 Wi-Fi
- Make sure your navigation device is connected to the internet. In the Main Menu, check the icon in the top right corner:
- If you see two cars without an X , your device is connected. Continue with step 3.
- If you see two cars with an X , your device is not connected. Try the following:
- Make sure you are logged in to MyDrive. Follow these steps:
- In the Main Menu, select TomTom Services.
- Select MyDrive.
- If you're not shown Activated, enter the email address and password you use for your TomTom account.
- Select Log In.
Your navigation device connects to your TomTom account.
If your navigation device is connected then you are logged in to MyDrive, and your destinations and places should synchronise in a few moments. If this does not happen, check the MyDrive mobile app or website.
On your non-connected navigation device:
The following non-connected devices are compatible with the MyDrive website:
START 40, START 50, START 60
- Make sure that MyDrive Connect is installed on your computer. See: Installing MyDrive Connect .
- Connect your navigation device to the computer using a USB Cable.
If your device is recognised by your computer you see this message on your device: Connected to your computer.
- On your navigation device, tap back (top left corner button) > Main Menu (bottom left corner) > TomTom Services > MyDrive.
- Log in to your TomTom account or create a new account.
- On your computer, open a browser and go to mydrive.tomtom.com and log in to your TomTom accout.
You can now use the MyDrive website to add new favourites and syncronise routes and destinations to your navigation device.
In the MyDrive mobile app:
- Make sure your smart phone is connected to the internet.
- Make sure you are logged in to MyDrive:
- Click the menu button.
- Select TomTom Account.
- Make sure you are logged in with the same TomTom account that you use on your navigation device.
In the MyDrive website:
- Make sure your computer is connected to the internet.
- Go to mydrive.tomtom.com.
- At the top of the page, make sure you see the email address for your TomTom account.
- If you don't see your email address, click Log in.
Make sure you log in with the same TomTom account that you use on your navigation device.