Click here to see which products/categories this applies to.
A soft reset is performed each time you disconnect your TomTom GPS watch from a wall charger or computer.
To perform a soft reset on your watch, follow these steps:
- Connect your watch to a wall charger or computer.
Wait until your watch shows a battery symbol.
If you are using a computer, wait until MySports Connect finishes updating your watch.
- Disconnect your watch from the wall charger or computer.
The software on your watch restarts. This performs a soft reset on your watch.
When you perform a factory reset in MySports Connect, all personal data and settings on your watch are deleted. This action cannot be undone.
You should only use a factory reset as a last resort to restore your watch or if you really want to remove all your data and settings from your watch.
A factory reset reinstalls the software on your watch and this removes the following:
- Your activities on the watch.
- Your settings on the watch.
- Your settings for uploading activities in MySports Connect.
Note: If you are using the MySports mobile app, you may need to make your smartphone forget your watch. Then pair your watch again.
In the Bluetooth® Settings menu of your Android device, un-pair or forget your watch.
Go to the iOS Bluetooth® settings screen, click on the (i) icon behind the watch name and select Forget this Device.
Important: When you perform a factory reset, do not disconnect your watch before MySports Connect has finished restoring your watch. This takes several minutes. Check any messages shown in MySports Connect and on your watch before you disconnect your watch.
To perform a factory reset on your watch, follow these steps:
- Connect your watch to your computer and wait until MySports Connect finishes updating your watch.
- Click SETTINGS in MySports Connect.
- Click Reset.
MySports Connect downloads the latest version of the software for your watch.
- Keep your watch connected while
MySports Connect installs the software on your watch.
- Click Log in.
MySports Connect opens the MySports website.
Do one of the following:
- Click Create account and register device to create a new TomTom account.
- Click Sign in and register device to register your watch with an existing TomTom account.
- Follow the instructions t