Click here to see which products/categories this applies to.
Smartphone Connected navigation devices use your phone to connect to TomTom services so that you can receive real-time TomTom Traffic and safety warnings. The following devices are Smartphone Connected: GO 40, GO 50, GO 60, GO 400, GO 500, GO 600, GO 510, GO 610
Your phone needs to be compatible with the navigation device, and you must have a data plan from a mobile services provider. For more information regarding compatibility visit Can I use my smartphone to connect to TomTom Services?
Follow the steps below for phones other than iPhone or Samsung Galaxy S5. If you have one of these phones, click iPhone or Samsung Galaxy S5 for specific steps.
Samsung Galaxy S5
To connect your GO to your phone, do the following:
- Make sure the battery of your phone is fully charged, so your device will be able to discover your phone.
- On the map view or guidance view of your navigation device, select the Main Menu button to open the Main Menu.
- Select Traffic and Speed Cameras or Traffic and Danger Zones in the Main Menu.
- Select Activate now.
- Select Yes to agree to send information to TomTom.
Note: You cannot use TomTom services unless you agree to send information to TomTom.
- On your phone, go to Settings and switch on Personal Hotspot.
: Depending on your phone's Operating System, this network might be called one of the following names:
- Personal Hotspot
- Tethering or Bluetooth® Tethering
- Tether or Bluetooth® Tether
Check the latest documentation available on your phone manufacturer's website.
- On your phone, switch on Bluetooth®, and make sure that your phone is discoverable.
- On your navigation device, select the next screen arrow .
Your navigation device searches for your phone.
Tip: If your navigation device cannot find your phone, make sure your phone is still 'discoverable' for other Bluetooth® devices. Select Search
How satisfied are you with this answer?
Your rating has been submitted; please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.