How Lifetime Maps is activated depends on your device. For the new GO Smartphone Connected and Always Connected navigation devices Lifetime Maps is activated automatically when you connect your device to the computer and create or log in with a MyTomTom account. No additional activation steps are required.
For some older devices either you will need to purchase a Lifetime Map Update Service Card to get an activation code, or if your device comes with free Lifetime Maps, you will need to request an activation code.
To request an activation code, follow the steps below:
- Go to tomtom.com/map-promotion within 30 days of buying your device to register for Lifetime Map updates.
- Select your country.
- Click on Click here to register.
You can only register your device online.
You need to provide the following:
- Your name.
- Your email address.
- The type of device that you purchased.
- The serial number. [ more... ]
- The retailer where you purchased the device.
- A scan of the receipt.
When the registration is complete you receive a unique Lifetime Map activation code by email.
This can take up to 28 days.
To enter your activation code and activate Lifetime Maps, follow these steps:
- Go to tomtom.com/getstarted to download and install MyDrive Connect. [ show me how... ]
- Connect your navigation device to your computer. Switch on your device.
- If MyDrive Connect doesn't open automatically in your web browser, click the MyDrive Connect icon ( or ) in the Windows notification area or Apple menu bar and then click MyDrive Connect.
- If you are not already logged in, enter your email address and click Log in. You can select "Remember my email address" so you don't have to enter it next time.
- You see an overview of the number of available updates ready for your device and, if applicable, any items which have expired or are about to expire.
- If a pop-up window opens to inform you that the connected device is not linked to your account, click Link the connected device to this account.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of the TomTom software on your device. How do I update the software on my device?
- Click on USE ACTIVATION CODE in the bottom right corner of the browser window.
- Make sure the correct navigation device and serial number are shown. Then click Continue.
- Enter the activation code from the card you purchased or from the email you received, then click Activate.
Your Lifetime Maps are now activated. If a new map is available, it is offered to you as an update.