Click here to see which products/categories this applies to.
This FAQ contains information that may not be applicable to your device. More information.
Yes, you need to give permission for information to be sent from your navigation
device if you want to make use of TomTom Traffic or a LIVE Services subscription.
Our server needs to receive the location of the navigation device in order to send
the right information related to that location.
Enabling the sending of information on a navigation device is not the same on
all devices. Select your navigation device from the list below for instructions.
Note: If you don't know which device
you have, see Which TomTom device do I have?
GO 40, GO 50, GO 60, GO 400, GO 500, GO 600, GO 510, GO 610, GO 5000, GO 6000, GO 5100, GO 6100GO 520 Wi-Fi, GO 620 Wi-Fi, GO 5200 Wi-Fi, GO 6200 Wi-Fi
- Select the menu button
in the map view or guidance view to bring up the Main Menu.
- Scroll to the right of the screen and select Settings.
- Scroll to the right of the screen and select System.
- Select Your information & privacy.
- When the slider is set to the right, the sending of information
When the slider is set to the left, the sending of information is
- Select the button at the top right
to go back to the map view or guidance view.
GO LIVE 2050, GO LIVE 1050, GO LIVE 1000 series, Via LIVE series
- Tap the screen to bring up the Main menu.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap the arrow in the bottom on the left or right until you see
the Me and my device button.
- Tap Me and my device.
- Tap My information.
- Tap Yes to start sending information or tap
No to stop sending information.
GO x50 LIVE, GO x40 LIVE, XL LIVE
How satisfied are you with this answer?
Your rating has been submitted; please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.