Click here to see which products/categories this applies to.
This FAQ contains information that may not be applicable to your device. More information.
Yes, you need to give permission for information to be sent from your navigation
device if you want to make use of TomTom Traffic or a LIVE Services subscription.
Our server needs to receive the location of the navigation device in order to send
the right information related to that location.
Enabling the sending of information on a navigation device is not the same on
all devices. Select your navigation device from the list below for instructions.
Note: If you don't know which device
you have, see Which TomTom device do I have?
GO 40, GO 50, GO 60, GO 400, GO 500, GO 600, GO 510, GO 610, GO 5000, GO 6000, GO 5100, GO 6100GO 520 Wi-Fi, GO 620 Wi-Fi, GO 5200 Wi-Fi, GO 6200 Wi-Fi
- Select the menu button
in the map view or guidance view to bring up the Main Menu.
- Scroll to the right of the screen and select Settings.
- Scroll to the right of the screen and select System.
- Select Your information & privacy.
- When the slider is set to the right, the sending of information
When the slider is set to the left, the sending of information is
- Select the button at the top right
to go back to the map view or guidance view.
GO LIVE 2050, GO LIVE 1050, GO LIVE 1000 series, Via LIVE series
- Tap the screen to bring up the Main menu.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap the arrow in the bottom on the left or right until you see
the Me and my device button.
- Tap Me and my device.
- Tap My information.
- Tap Yes to start sending information or tap
No to stop sending information.
GO x50 LIVE, GO x40 LIVE, XL LIVE
Carminat TomTom LIVE, Lexus CT MoveOn Navi
- Press MENU Set on the central control or press
the Menu button on the navigation control (remote
control) to open the Main Menu.
- Select LIVE Services.
- In the bottom right hand corner you see a button that says Enable or Disable.
If the button says Disable, your LIVE Services are already active and you are sending information to TomTom. If you want to stop using LIVE Services and sharing information with TomTom, select the Disable button. LIVE Services are no longer active and the menu icons are greyed out.
- If the button says Enable, your LIVE Services are not currently active. Select the button to switch on LIVE Services. You then have to accept information sharing in order to use LIVE Services.
Mazda Navigation (NVA-SD8110)(LIVE)
- Tap the screen to open the Main menu.
- Select LIVE Services.
- Tap Configure in the bottom left hand corner.
- The information sharing screen is shown, stating that information sharing is enabled or disabled, based on your previous choice.
- Tap Yes to share information and receive services from TomTom, tap No to disable information sharing and LIVE Services.
What happens to my LIVE Services subscription if I don't send information?
If you decide not to send information from your navigation device to TomTom,
LIVE services are disabled, while the end date of your subscription remains the
same. To enable the sending of information at any time, follow the instructions
If you think that your information is not being used for the purpose for which
you have provided it to TomTom, contact us at
You can find current and more detailed information at