How do I download and install my map? (MyTomTom)
15/04/2013 10.50 PM
||For navigation devices that connect to TomTom HOME click here.
||Security settings on your computer or internet router may prevent MyTomTom from connecting to our servers. If you cannot connect to MyTomTom you should check your security settings. [ show me how... ]
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of the MyTomTom support application. [ more... ]
- Check if there is sufficient free space on your computer. You need a minimum of 8GB. [ more... ]
Devices with a memory card
As long as there is enough space in the internal memory of your navigation device, MyTomTom installs your map in that memory. If there is not enough space in the internal memory, MyTomTom lets you create free space in the internal memory or use a memory card installed in your device.
Downloading and installing your map
- Connect your navigation device to your computer and switch it on.
In the Driving View of your navigation device, a small computer icon shows that your device is connected to the computer.
- If MyTomTom does not start automatically, click the MyTomTom icon in the Windows notification area or Apple menu bar and then click MyTomTom.
The TomTom logo is shown in grey with a blue arrow when updates are available.
The TomTom logo is shown in red when no updates are available.
- In the overview section of MyTomTom, click Login to log into your MyTomTom account.
Once you are logged in, MyTomTom checks for available updates for your navigation device.
- Click Get updates.
The Manage Content page opens.
- Expand New items for you.
: If you are offered both a software update and a new map, install the software update first, then install the map.
Expand My maps to install a map that you have previously removed from your device.
- Click Install.
MyTomTom downloads and installs your map.
If there is not enough free space to install your map, you can move items from your device to your account or install a memory card in your device.
During download and installation, the status is shown in the top right of MyTomTom. You see the following icons in MyTomTom:
Downloading your map
Installing your map
Important: Do not disconnect your navigation device. Your navigation device will display a message to say when it is safe to disconnect it.
- Once the installation is complete, the status in the MyTomTom support application changes to Connected and you see this icon:
When you see this icon and the message on your device, disconnect your navigation device from your computer.
If you have installed a map of a new region, you need to switch maps on your navigation device to use that map.
[ more... ]