Click here to see which products/categories this applies to.
The easiest way to make a backup of all the contents of your navigation device
is by using TomTom HOME. See How do I install TomTom HOME on my computer?
If you have encountered an error while trying to backup through TomTom HOME,
it could be due to a corruption on your device. In these cases, we recommend that
you restore your navigation device. See My device is not working. How do
I restore it?
Windows 7 & Vista
Mac OS X
- Connect your device to your computer and switch it on.
- Press the Windows logo key
to open the Windows file explorer.
- Double-click the Removable Disk of your device.
A window opens
showing the files and folders of your TomTom device.
- Click Select all or press CTRL +A.
- Click Copy or press CTRL +C.
- Click Documents under Libraries in the Navigation pane.
- Click New Folder and then type a name e.g. "TomTom
- Press Enter.
- Double-click the new folder to open it.
- Click Paste or press CTRL +V.
The content of your TomTom device is copied to the new folder. Depending
on the map size this may take a while.
How satisfied are you with this answer?
Your rating has been submitted; please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.